Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Chronicle of Stone : Scorched Bone by Vincent Ford

I chose this book because a friend of mine told me it was really good. To be honest I found the first few chapters boring but as the story went on, it got quite interesting. I would give it a 7 out of 10.

The story is about the North American Indian tribe who suffered drought that killed the food resources around them causing deaths among the tribe. Trei, the main character in the story, failed to do the task of hunting so he could be one of the 'men' in the tribe. Trei was ashamed but gradually, he gained determination and set goals. This book follows Trei, her twin sister Souk, and his best friend Crien into their journey to find the person who can throw a spear like a lightning bolt. Meeting new people and learning their methods to catch food helped them to survive in the unknown world ahead.

I found this book quite interesting and the characters are likeable. The only thing that i didn't like was the slow build up of the story. This book had 22 chapters but half the time, the main character was just in his hut. Personally I like action, and the only action I enjoyed was when the book was concluding and left me on edge. I recommend this book for those who enjoy reading books about the history of the American Indians.

^.^

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes books do get off to a slow start but if you persist it is worth it. It sounds as if this might be one of those books. There is a very funny book called The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-time Indian in the library that you should try. It is both sad and hilarious at the same time. I loved it. Why not give it a try and blog about it?

    ReplyDelete