Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I am the messenger by Markus Zusak

This book was HILARIOUS!! literally had me falling off my chair(couch) laughing. though I tried,I couldn't predict anything at all, the dude(guy) is a genius! trust me...you will never be surprised every-time you turn the page with any book as much as this one.
Besides that...Meet Ed Kennedy—underage cabdriver, pathetic cardplayer, and useless at romance. He lives in a shack with his coffee-addicted dog, the Doorman, and he’s hopelessly in love with his best friend, Audrey. His life is one of peaceful routine and totally unproductive until he stops a bank robbery. That’s when the first Ace arrives. That’s when Ed becomes the messenger. . . .As Ed puts himself into these strangers' lives he learns to care for them personally and insightfully discovers a message for them that will change their lives. Sometimes the messages are easy to deliver, other times they need all he can give. But always he finds the courage to follow through.

*Beware of spoilers*

Diamonds*
The Edgar Street family: was… scary, I have to admit.
though I hate to admit it, I was just crying the whole time when I read about this! it was just so sad, I'm glad ed ended up doing the right thing.
Milla:made me love old people even more than I already do. (Seriously, I do. I’m not making a joke.) Milla was a sweet old lady
Sophie: part in Ed Kennedy’s journey through self discovery- Oh, sorry. I was watching Phineas and Ferb today. XD) was just a sweet filler address, I guess you could say. The friendship between Sophie and Ed is really what I loved most, and it was cute.

Clubs*
The pastor: Ed expanded a wonderful church, brought two brothers together, and made me smile.
Angie : heart-warmingly sweet, a small treat makes a big difference.
The Rose boys: these boys were the stupidest boys Ive ever read about, I mean... they could have killed each other!! but ed took a hard beating to remind them that they are from the same womb.

Spades*
Ed’s mom:I cannot believe that she was cheating on Ed’s dad. She was one heck of a mother!! Im not used to it simply because my mum would never act like that! this part just added to the drama, made me love it more.
Tatupu Family: made me… happy. When a family is really that poor and kinda broken, the least you can do is make them happy with… NEW CHRISTMAS LIGHTS!
*cough* pathetic..but anyways.
Theater guy: was… amazing.

Hearts*
Richie: eehh, didnt really get it?
Marv: *tear* :,(. story was… amazing. umm didnt exactly like the sexual content( tooo much info) awww...
I thought he was just uptight! but wow did he amaze me, sooo sweet how he was reunited with his ahem daughter and girlfriend(ex). this was personally my favourite part!
Audrey: sheesh fi-na-lly, it took them so long to realise they shouldve been together from the beginning, but how cuuute!
puh-leese, thats not the end, then came the joker, ahhh *sigh of relief* when... I'm proud to say..ed woke up and realised how pathetic his life is!!


Great message in this book: "Maybe everyone can live beyond what they're capable of. "
I recommend it to everyone over age of thirteen!
PICK IT UP. You’ll probably love it. Your life will not be wasted on reading this book. :D


1 comment:

  1. I've read this book too and really liked it. The ending is interesting and open to various intepretations, which I also liked. I could follow this review because I had read the book, but wonder whether people who hadn't read it might find it hard to understand. Remember, your main audience for a review is people who HAVEN'T read the book, but might if you persuade them to.

    ReplyDelete