Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Hunger Games 'Mockingjay'

The Hunger Games one the best series of book i ever read!!!!! seriously!!!!

Well the main story of the series is the government forcing people from the poor, controlled districts to enter an arena where they have to kill each other to survive. Katniss Everdeen a young teenager from district 12 takes the place of her younger sister and enters the hunger games. After she survives the first hunger games she then is pulled again to the arena in the quarter quell anniversary (where all the winners of the past hunger games are chosen to enter the hunger games once again). And surprisingly she and a couple of other tributes are rescued by the rebels (a group of people who are in district13 a district that is suppose to be destroyed by capitol for rebelling).

Now Katniss Everdeen was rescued to be the rebels Mockingjay. A key leader to catch the hearts of the people from the remaining districts. So they can support district13 (rebels) to completely destroy the capitol and their dictator 'president snow'. The rebels whose home base is in district thirteen (an underground facility as the capitol destroyed their ground infrastructure) have now have enough supplies and technology to support the other districts from capitol attacks and nuclear power for attacking the capitol itself. But does it really sound that easy!!!!
(I'm not going to write any more cause i don't want to ruin it)

In my opinion i really think this is one of the best series I've ever read. Not only because I'm a guy who likes a book with action but this is the first series I've read that has an unique and interesting storyline. I really liked how the author portrayed Katniss in the first two books as a strong willed, dynamic girl. Sadly the author didnt do the same in the last book as she made Katniss look weaker for example a girl who is blinded by love. This made the story Mockingjay a bit boring for me and it wasn't as good as i thought it would be. i was really disappointed as the author didn't end the book with a strong or even a good finish. To me i thought it was as if she just didn't know what else to write so she just thought 'oh i think ill kill some people and wallah!!! that's the end'. GOODNESS GRACIOUS! what a beautiful ending!!!! YEAH RIGHT!!! that was terrible.
However i credit the author for creating a unique set of characters each so believable you think they're real. For example Gale, Peeta, Plutarch, President Snow, Joanna and many more. My favourites though were Boggs, Betee and Finick. Who was shown as Katniss's cheeky, smart and tough friends whom she trusted.

Now the end of my review i totally recommend these series of books to anyone above thirteen and who likes a story you just cant put it down for a second without thinking of it immediately.
trust me!!!!!!!! it took three weeks for me to finish these books each(i know I'm a slow reader) but if your a fast reader i bet you it will take a day!!! its thaaaaaaaat good.
So my overall rating for the book 8/10 (Mockingjay alone)
overall rating for series 10/10 (The Hunger Games)

PS trust me these series of books are meeeeeean!!! i really,really really recommend them!!!

1 comment:

  1. Well Jed, you have put me off reading the third one. I have read the first two but you (and several other people) have had such a negative response to the last one that I think I will give it a miss. Great to see you reading more. You'll get faster the more you read.

    ReplyDelete