Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Sucked In by John Parker

I don't think I have read any of John Parker's books before and I thought by the cover and title that this book might be humorous, so I decided to read it, unfortunately it had only a slight bit of humour if none at all. This book was short (took me about one hour to read) and was very predictive and luckily it was short enough for me to finish it because if it was any longer I would have fell asleep.
It was about a very short teenager boy named Zainey who saw an ad in a comic book advertising an eye, despersate to get taller he decided to sell his bbeloved bike just to buy it. The story was told through his best friends point of view who was reluctant to support Zaineys idea and thought it was a hoax. Around 70 percent of the book was just about the eye bouncing around getting lost and being found again, the eye is attracted to bloood and would permanently stick to wounds. It ended up that the eye would stick to their teacher after all the hasle looking and searching for the eye.
All in all it was an less than average book and had a straightforward predictive storyline. Because it was a short book, less depth in the storyline was expected but this book really was boring. I would give this book a 5 out of ten and I don't recommend it :(.

1 comment:

  1. Fair enough! Unfortunately, some books don't live up to our expectations. It is always good to think about why this is so - is it the characters, or the lack of suspense or is it badly written, for example. Often it is the ending that disappoints for some reason. I hope you find a better book next time!

    ReplyDelete