Sunday, May 22, 2011

This girl isn't shy, shes SPECTACULAR by Nina Beck

This book is really cool :D .. At first I thought it was some girly book that I wouldn't really like but in the end it turned out to prove me wrong and I ended up liking the book ..

First of all, Riley was one of my favourite characters because she was the one that helped D and Samantha succeed in completing their 'list of things to do'..

D is the cool bad boy that likes to party all night, make out with girls and just have a nice cold beer. He has his own apartment, pretty much everything a kid would dream of; but yet he is still not happy. While he tries to get his act together, he realizes that he is falling for Sam. He knows that she's a good girl and he might ruin her image, but he can't seem to keep away.

Samantha is the good girl; perfect grades and everything. But when she gets a letter back from her favourite author saying that she needs to have more excitement in her life, she decides to change her attitude. She wants to be adventurous and take risks rather than obey the rules. Now the good girl is sneaking out of the house to go to the bar and dating guys. She is also falling for D, but he keeps distancing himself which gives her the wrong idea.

I really enjoyed this book because it was funny, easy to follow and of course, about ROMANCE :3 .. I loved the way D and Sam contratsed each other which made them distance each other. In my opinion I think that it doesn't matter how different you are from someone you like. Though if they had gotten together at the beginning of the book, the storyline would've been different and I probably wouldn't be giving the same review that I am now.

Overall I enjoyed this book and would recommend it to anyone looking for a good read. I would give it a 9/10 :D PEEEACE!



2 comments:

  1. So sorry I didn't see this earlier! Don't know why I didn't. It sounds like your kind of book. I wonder if anyone else has read it after reading your review? The "opposites attract" thing is a fairly typical feature of romance literature. Not so sure if it is true in "real life". What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its okay. And I think it can happen in real life. It depends on how well they get along

    ReplyDelete