Saturday, July 30, 2011

Beach Blondes by Katherine Applegate

I think this is a really good book and I'd give it a 10/10. This has got to be one of the biggest books I've read(721 pages). At first I thought I would be put off by the size of the book and the cover(you'll know if you see it). Well yeah, but then I read the blurb and I was instantly hooked. It's as if I was meant to be at the library just to find THAT book. Well, enough of my cheesy entrances, lets get on to the actual book.

Okay so this book is basically about a girl named Summer having her summer vacation with her cousin at Crab Claw Key. The thing is, Summer's cousin (Diana) doesn't like Summer. To be honest I thought it'd be some cheesy story about girls in bikinis and topless buffed up guys(Well it is, but in a good way :D ). So anyways before coming to Crab Claw Key Summer meets a tarot lady in the plane that tells her that she'll meet 3 guys.
-One that is mysterious
-One that is dangerous
-One that seems like he's the one.
Well Summer doesn't seem to believe the tarot lady. After her flight she runs into this guy(Seth) and out of the blue he kisses her :O
On her vacation she meets this other guy(Diver) who is a bit crazy and lives on her roof(Oh yeah, Diana hates summer so much that she makes Summer sleep in the Stilt house) and apparently he's goodlooking. She also meets Adam; the rich senator's son. They go out for a while. The thing is Seth is also staying at Crab Claw for vacation so Summer sees more of him which is gonna be hard for Summer because she has to choose 1 guy which isn't too hard to figure out when you read the book. Anyway some stuff happen which leads to more drama but if I said anymore, the whole book would be ruined.

There are 3 more books in the series
*Spring Break [READ]
*Tan Lines[READ]
*Sun- Kissed Christmas [FINISHED JUST LAST NIGHT]

I loved this book and I'd recommend it to anyone my age. Ooh, did i mention this is a romantic book? :D
Sorry my review is long, because its hard to say everything I want to say in just 5-10 lines.

2 comments:

  1. Romantic? Really??? What a surprise!! Sounds like a fun read and you obviously liked it a lot. You say you would recommend it to "anyone" your age. Do you think boys your age would like it??? Sounds like such a "girl" book ... or is that just a stereotype?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woops, i was supossed to say "any girl my age"

    ReplyDelete