Monday, July 11, 2011

I Now Pronounce You Someone Else By Erin McCahan

This book is one of the best books I have ever read and I give it a 10/10 for exactly that reason (and many others as well). It follows the life of a girl who is basically trying to discover who she is as a person and so I would recommend it to anyone (mostly girls but if you’re a guy out there and you want to read it, go ahead I won’t stop you :)
The story starts off and ends in the same place (a coffee shop not the same one, but still a coffee shop) and involves the same characters. So basically the main character is eighteen year old Bronwen Oliver. Ever since she was little, Bronwen had this strange theory she was switched at birth, and was really Phoebe Lilywhite. She knows that’s not really true, but how else could one explain being the only one in the family to hate ketchup? Or how her mother always seems to find fault with every little thing concerning her, while praising her brother – whom she has, renamed Jesus?, because according to her Mum, he’s PERFECT! For most of her life Bronwen has secretly been Phoebe, with the exception of a few friends and family who know the so called truth.
Then suddenly out of now where comes Jared, who’s a close family friend and someone who’s also in on the whole Phoebe thing. He’s also a college boy, impossibly cute, and just right for her. They are truly in love. Everything’s great. And pretty soon he he proposes they get married (three months after her graduation from school). But with this serious commitment comes questions? Who is Bronwen? Is Jared truly what she needs? And if he's not, she has to ask: What would Phoebe Lilywhite do?
I found this book totally amazing, as I was able to relate to the characters which just made the book more interesting. The story was really sweet. I felt like I was in the book the whole time and in the end I got so involved in it I couldn't’ help but cry. So if any of you have some free time and come across this book I would recommend you to give it a go and hopefully you’ll love it as much as I did.

3 comments:

  1. i wish you explained it more. its such a good book and you should let everyone know bout it. i loved reading this book so much it was awesome. it was one of those books that you just cant put down and so when i started it at ten one tuesday night i read it till i finished at 2am wednesday morning. i swear i creid for like 20 mins because you want them to get married and there like perfect for each other. but bronwen cant handle growing up so fast and stuff so they break off the wedding at jareds sisters wedding *cry fo 20 mins* but then when jared walks into the coffee shop and sees bronwen ahhh i wish there would be a sequel but thats not the type of sequel book. ohh well. amanda explainie the bookie in more detalie please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me this book was really hard to get into and I couldn't even finish it. I found it too boring and I hated the way it was written.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, this book review is attracting some interesting and conflicting comments, isn't it? It clearly has two big fans out there (Amanda and Jacqui) but Zoe isn't so keen. I suppose potential readers will have to decide for themselves whether it is (or isn't) worth trying this one!

    ReplyDelete