Friday, April 29, 2011

And then everything unraveled by JENNIFER STURMAN

Awesome......I really loved this book! I honestly didn't know what to expect. I didn't hear much about this book before getting it, so I went in with just the same curiosity. It wasn't long before this book had me hooked.

It was full of mystery that you uncover along the way with the main character, Delia. But I also found loads of quirky humor that kept this story at a perfect balance. Delia is such a great character that anyone could enjoy reading about. When everyone is convinced that her mom, T.K. is dead, Delia knows there is more to the story. She never gives up on what she believes, even when everyone thinks she is wrong. Seeing her having to adjust from California to New York was fun to read about.

What I loved about all of the characters were how un-cliche they were, and how each of them brought something fun to the mix. You got the detective with the crazy ties, the friend who is ordered to parties by her parents to work on her social skills, the drone-like cousins, the two aunts who couldn't be any more opposite if they tried, and then there's Quinn. Quinn surprised me in a good way. At first, I thought he would be that cliche popular boy, but there so much more to him. We didn't get to see nearly as much of him as I would want, so hopefully we get lots more of him in the next book.

My absolute favorite character in this story was Delia's Aunt Charley. How awesome was she! She lives in a converted warehouse that was described as big enough to roller skate in, she LOVES to shop, she does whatever job appeals to her, she is an 80's teen movie fanatic, oh, and she loves ice cream! If you are a teen who has to be shipped off to live with someone until you can find your mom, Charley is the person you want to live with. Or maybe I am just as wacky as Charley.

I loved the mystery in the story and really I still don't know how it going to end. I found the book really funny too, Delia's descriptions of her cousin's facial expressions, just priceless. And Delia in general was just a great character, I really liked her. She was one of many strong characters in a great cast. with the cute ties to Natalie the girl that promised her parents she would go to a party to work on her social skills! The plot was fun and moved at a fast. I was left with so many more questions at the end, and was SO ready to jump into the sequel! And Then Everything Unraveled was a fantastic start in what looks like a fun and exciting series. I would rate this a 9 out of ten and recommend it for 12+.
trust me its soooo worth your time.

1 comment:

  1. A great review. Well done! You've given lots of reasons why you loved this book. Next time, maybe you could give some quotes from the book to support your comments (for example, you say her that the descriptions of her cousin's facial expressions are "priceless" - maybe you could have given us an example from the book?)

    ReplyDelete