Sunday, April 17, 2011

Best book I've read by Vince Exconde

This is the first of the two we had to do for homework ... :D For me , the best book I've read has to be "The New Heroes: The Quantum Prophecy" by Michael Carroll. I really liked this book because of the plot of course, but what I really enjoyed was the plot structure. Yes, the plot is the main thing in a book but making it interesting is more interseting and harder to do. This book is about superheroes (of course) and super villains (obviously). I've always wanted to read one about superheroes and luckiliy I found this one. Anyways, as I was saying the plot structure was the main reason that made me keep reading this book and in a normal book the author introduecs a plot, which happened in this one as well (kinda expected really) but a few pages along, the author introduces a twist that SPLITS the plot in half, therefore it looks like there is two plots but it's just actually one but both halves link bank to the same ending. So the book starts off with a split plot, i thought (big deal) and this got me kinda bored. BUT then the author puts another trick in the book and introduces a whole new plot from the past day (oh by the way , the first plot is set in the present day) which made it kinda confusing at first since one plot is in the present and one's in the past but the excitement picks up when the authir puts the two halves of the first plot together (clever right ??) BUT a few chapters along , he MERGES the plots together !!! (more celver !!!! XD) BY doing this, the story's mystery unfolds as the facts from one plot and the facts from the other fit like a puzzle. Its kinda like telling the story from different point of views but this time, its the WHOLE plot that's told in a different perspective. This has probavly been the most interesting book I've read in terms of structure and YES the author has TONS of tricks up his sleeves when you read this book. :D I give this book a 9/10 for the plot and 11/10 for the structure !! I hope this was good !! Please comment !! :D :D

1 comment:

  1. I really, really like books like this (i.e. ones where there are two plots in two different times that are somehow connected) I've read quite a few so I understand exactly what you mean. Maybe someone else might like to give this book a try. I hope so!

    ReplyDelete