Sunday, April 17, 2011

Twilight vs Twilight

Uhm yeah this the "Compare a book you've read with the movie version of that book" thingie we hafta do. Soo yeah, I'm here to compare the book Twilight written by Stephenie Meyer to the movie version, directed by Catherine Hardwicke. Mostly because I think it's the only movie I've seen that was based off of a book that I can clearly think of :S

I'm suree most people would agree with me on this - and that is that the book is waaay better than the movie, and that applies to the other books as well. And there's a few of reasons why I say that ~

►The book has so much more detail that leave you thinking about the story, while the movie left out quite a bit of it. The movie also just gives you a certain thing to look at, while it's completely up to your interpretation what the scenes look like when you read the book. You can imagine what Bella and Edward look like, instead of looking at Robert Pattinson. -.-
►While it's pretty much still the same storyline, something about the movie is just .. off. It's not that I hated it with a passion, because I did enjoy it. ish. I mean maybe it's the acting or the actors themselves, or the fact that they actually made the vampires sparkle. It just really doesn't live up to the awesomeness of the book.
►The romantic bits were more .. well. romantic, in the book. Again, it's mostly because of the whole, "completely up to your interpretation" thing.

Soo overall I definitely like the book a lot better than the movie. The movie just has so many things missing from it, in my opinion, while the book is much fuller. And I dunno, I just have something against Robert Pattinson D:< he made Edward look .. weird. :/
Aaand that's about it. Thanks for reading if you read this.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more with you about Robert Pattinson! (Probably the reason I sat through the first couple of these movies yelling "Pick the werewolf!" at the screen!!) I think one of the most excruciatingly awful scenes I have ever watched in a movie is that vampire baseball game. Truly awful! I'm a bit surprised that you couldn't think of any other book/film versions to compare as there are heaps. Harry Potter? Lord of the Rings? Stormbreaker? Percy Jackson? The Boy in the Striped PJs? Slumdog Millionaire? Tomorrow when the War Began? All those Nicholas Sparks ones (The Notebook, The Last Song) that people seem to like for some inexplicable reason. Just about any kids/young adult movie made in recent years...

    ReplyDelete