Thursday, April 28, 2011

Best Book I've Read (So Far)

Kiss by Jacqueline Wilson

I read this book in year 8... I think, after Cynthia and Maria really liked it... So yeah, this is probably the best book I've read because it had one of the most unexpected twists in the story (which I always love, especially when you have no clue its coming). It was also a book that made me cry.. which can sometimes be a good thing, showing that the author has really gotten through to you. I would probably give this book a 9.5 out of ten (just because the ending was slightly different from what I would have liked.)

This book is basically about a girl called Sylvie and her best friend Carl. They've been friends since there were babies. Sylvie has always believed that they'd end up married to each other. They even have a magical fantasy world that belongs to them alone — and the glass hut where it's all created, at the bottom of Carl's garden. However as they grow older and go to different schools, making different friends things start changing...

The ending is really sweet and I enjoyed reading about the over-all strong friendship they share. I would have liked just one thing to be changed, but I'm not going to say what that was in case anyone actually does want to read this book, because it would spoil it for them... but people (or more specifically girls) should really give this book a try...

I really liked how the author told the story from Sylvie's perspective, making us actually feel what she would have gone through. It really gave the whole story an interesting angle...

So anyway, try the book because it might become one of your Top Ten...

1 comment:

  1. Nice review, Simran! It's great to hear that you read books recommended by friends. I have found some wonderful books this way too. Have you read other books by Jacqueline Wilson that you like? She has written a heaps! Hope you found something good to read these holidays.

    ReplyDelete