Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Blue Blood by Ken Catran

I got this book by chance and I'm glad that I did. Blue Blood is a mystery murder/thriller book. It is the third book of the Blue trilogy written by Ken Catran, a New Zealand author. I really enjoyed the book, despite the fact I've never read the first and second book, Talking to Blue and Blue Murder respectively. Oddly, I  found out that it had two books before it when I was half way through. xD 
But even so, I understood the story pretty well since it's pretty straight forward and it explains what happened in the first two books. But I would still recommend reading the first two books if you plan on understanding the story anyway.

Sheril's boyfriend,  Mike, aka 'Blue, the killer' is dead. The story starts a few months after the events of Blue Murder, and is told from Sheril's point of view ( The first two books were told from Mike's perspective). It is shown that after the death of 'Blue' ( His victims wore blue before they got killed), things were starting to go back to normal for Sheril, aside from all the reporters that want to get an inside scoop of 'Blue's girl'. Then suddenly, a murder happened.. and another.. and Sheril is the suspect. The police thinks that her boyfriend, Mike, had corrupted her and she was 'continuing the deed'. Someone is framing Sheril. Someone is trying to get her to jail. But who? Is Mike back from the dead? Or is some copycat killer on the loose? It just shows that even if Blue is dead, his homicidal influence still lingers..

The book kept me at the edge of my seat and it was hard to stop reading. I give this book an 8.5 out of 10 because it had a really nice story and I kind of like mysteries. I would totally recommend the Blue series to anyone who likes suspense/mystery murder. ;D

-Joseph

1 comment:

  1. Good Joseph. I'm glad you enjoyed this book. Do you think you would now read the earlier books? Ken Catran has written heaps of books and there are a lot of them in the library if you would like to try something else by him.

    ReplyDelete