Tuesday, March 15, 2011

If I have wicked stepmother....where's my prince? By Melissa Kantor

CINDERELLA and LUCY: 1. They both have a dead mother. 2. A wicked stepmother. 3. Two Evil stepsisters. and 4. Are friendless.
Happily Ever After, the endings of fairy tales, where there is always a prince to save you from your unhappiness, but apparently..... it can’t happen in the real world. Lucy Norton just moved from San Francisco, California to Long Island, New York because of her father remarrying. She now has to live in the basement of her stepmother’s house and accompanied with two bratty stepsisters.

Don't try and deny the fact that when something bad happens to us we often do question ourselves where's our 'prince'. She has a stepmother and two stepsisters. But just because she makes them out to be evil doesn't actually mean that they are and just because you're dating the popular jock he's your 'prince'. Sometimes to find everything you have to look a little harder because everything really is in front of you.
Altogether is book was a very quick read and I guess for being such a book I found it really shocking that I wanted to find out what was going to take place in the next chapters. Plus I got this feeling when Sam was introduced that he was the one for Lucy. I don't know why but i get that feeling quite a lot when reading books. I find out pretty fast who the main character is going to end up with.

If I Have a Wicked Stepmother, Where’s My Prince? is now one of my favorite books. The author's understanding of the life of a teenage girl is brilliant and accurate in so many ways. The writing is more than just PHENOMENAL!! it’s … the best. The ending was predictable, but at the same time, surprising. The plot and characters were simple and developed throughout the story. Filled with humor and pretty good references, this book is on the bottom of my recommendation List, well top 20 list. If you’re 13 and want to read something fun or.... lets say 30? and want to relax with a good read, pick up this book. I guarantee you’ll love it. :D

2 comments:

  1. this is a cool book i loved reading it though the stepsisters are kinda mean for blaming the party on lucy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review. I love your enthusiasm and quirky style. Do you really have a Top 20 list?? And if so, can we publish it on the blog?

    ReplyDelete