Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Hacker by Malorie Blackman

Having been bored to death by the previous book I read, i tried choosing a more interesting fast-paced book. The main character and point of view of the story is from a teenage girl named Vicky. The start of the book grabbed my attention beacause Vicky got in big trouble in school for something she didn't do, which I can relate to well. Then suddenly another Exciting but sad thing happened, her father gets blamed for stealing one million dollars from the bank! I coudn't put the book down, untill I got up to the part where they try looking for clues but gathering minimal information about the person who hacked into the bank's computer system. But then, Bam! they finally found out who it was and I coudn't believe who did it. It was so shocking and interesting to know that I read around one quarter of the book straight without paying attention to anything else. This book didn't really have much action in it (apart from Vicky and Gibs continous fighting). Their relationship grew throughout the story from Gib saying Vicky wasn't wanted in the family to Gib calling her his big sister. I would give this book a 8 out of 10 because it wasn't as fast paced as I thought but was satisfying enough to keep me entertained.

1 comment:

  1. Nice to hear that you enjoyed this book more than the last one! You've given a clear opinion here too, rather than just plot detail, so well done. Malorie Blackman has written quite a lot of young adult books and most of them are in our library if you want to check out something else by her.

    ReplyDelete