Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Maze of Bones by Rick Riordan

The Maze of Bones is a mystery/adventure book. It is the first book of the 39 clues series.It is written by Rick Riordan, the same writer of the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, which I also like. It 's also the reason I chose this book. Plus the cover looked kinda cool with all the skulls and bones and stuff.. anyway, I give it an 8 out of 10 because I find it interesting.

The Cahill family is a large family and has included some of the most influential people and greatest thinkers of the last 300 years. Apparently the Cahills have a great legacy, that has led these people to greatness.

In the first book we are introduced to Amy and Dan, two siblings that are the main characters of the series. At their grandmothers funeral they are given the choice between 1,000,000 dollars each or the first clue that could lead them to the Cahill family legacy.

Amy and Dan must follow in the footsteps of Benjamin Franklin to find the first clue, and find out what these clues are all about..

(I better not spoil you because it's a good book.) 

The book is very well written, and I felt very excited while reading it. It is both highly entertaining and informative. It took a few days for me to finish this book and I would recommend this book to anyone who likes mystery or adventure books.

Thanks for reading. :D

-Joseph

1 comment:

  1. Will you be reading the other books in the series Joseph? I think that each book is written by a different author isn't it? I haven't read any of them but know they are quite popular.

    ReplyDelete