Sunday, March 13, 2011

Findin Violet Park By Jenny Vanlentine

A friend of mine came across this book in the library and after seeing it I thought I might give the book a go before she did. After seeing the cover I was instantly drawn to the book and just had to read it; it was the two sentences on the cover page that got my attention straight away; "I met Violet after she died. But it didn't stop me from getting to know her."

This is the story of a 16 year old boy named Lucas Swain, he lives with his Mum, older sister Mercy and younger brother Jed at their grandparents house. His grandparents had given them this house because they felt sorry for them because his Father (their son) had abandoned them five years earlier when his Mum was eight months pregnant with his younger brother. No one knows if his dad is alive or dead and if he is alive then no one knows where he is. All any one knows is that his dad is just gone.

Lucas spends most of his time wondering what has happen to his dad and trying to remember how he was so he could be just like him. This is until he stumbles across an urn with the ashes of Violet Park's; an old lady who he feels instantly connected to. As he slowly starts to unravel the mystery of Violet Park's, he starts to see the strange connection she has with his dad. He then realise that his life and all he thought he knew was to be true is in reality false.

This is an awesome book just waiting for you to read it; so just give it a chance and you'll have an amazing time reading it no matter who you are or what your into. If I was to rate this book I would give it a 8/10.

1 comment:

  1. Well, you've convinced me! I think I would really enjoy this book and will try to read it sometime soon. I don't know this author - has she written any other books? It might be worth checking that out.

    ReplyDelete