Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Return of the Indian by Lynne Reid Banks

Return Of the Indian is the second book of Lynne Reid Banks' sequel of The Indian in the Cupboard.

This book is about a boy named Omri and his little plastic friends. Omri has a magical cupboard that can give life into any plastic toy and so he used that to make little plastic friends, their names are Little Bull, Twin Stars, Boone, Matron and Fickets.

The story starts when he won a writing competition. His story was about Little Bull's adventures as being a Native American Indian. He was very pleased with himself so he wanted to bring back Little Bull to life and tell him the good news. But as Omri opened the door of his magical cupboard, he saw Little Bull on the ground wounded.

I chose this book because it was the first book I saw on my desk and I wanted to know what happened to the characters after the first book. This book was pretty interesting and had its ups and downs. I found this book interesting because it showed that anyone can be friends, for example Little Bull and Boone. Both from different groups but they managed to get along and be friends with each other.

I recommend this book for reader who likes fantasy. I would give this 8 out of 10.


~ >.<

1 comment:

  1. I read this series a long time ago and liked it but my memory is that the first book is the best of them (as is often the case) I think these books are targetted at a younger age bracket too. Choose something a bit more challenging next time!

    ReplyDelete