Thursday, June 16, 2011

A Crack in the Line by Michael Lawrence

Alaric is a 16-year-old boy living a miserable life. 2 years ago, his mother died in a horrific train crash and he still hasn't gotten over the loss and has been living a lonely life ever since. One day, while looking through through his dreary, unkempt mansion known as the Withern Rise, he finds his mother's folly, a miniature model of their house which she made before her untimely death. When he touches it, however, he is transported to an alternate version of his reality. There he meets Naia, a girl who seems to have taken his place in this parallel world. They were as alike as any two people of the opposite sex can be. They also live the same life, with one major difference: Naia's mother survived the accident. The two then work together to solve the mysteries of the events occuring, travelling  to each other's world through the folly.

The book is the first book of the Aldous Lexicon trilogy. I found it to be quite exciting, but very confusing at times. It was very interesting and I liked the story. It left the story with a cliffhanger and I got really curious on what will happen next. The author shows us how things are under different circumstances and describes how choices and actions can change our lives forever. 

I'll give it an 8.75/10. I liked the book. 'nuff said.

-jØseph  

1 comment:

  1. Joseph, I am sorry I did not comment on this earlier. I don't know how I missed it. This sounds like an interesting book. I hope that you will read the trilogy and review the others on the blog. Maybe you could do that in the holidays?

    ReplyDelete