Thursday, June 30, 2011

Vampire Academy (book #1) by Richelle Mead

NOW that I have finally finished reading the series!!
I'll review my favorite series!!

Best. EVER. Just that. It is funny,the plots are amazing, and the characters are great. If you like vampire books, you have to read it. If you hate vampire books (like me! in my defense I may have watched the movies but ONLY for Taylor Lautner), you have to read it. What the hell, whether you like or dislike books in general, this book is a MUST HAVE. Because I say so,Twilight? What is Twilight? So many people talk about Twilight and miss this super great book/series......

Personally? I hate twilight and cant stand the whole story/plot and had a hard time dealing with Bella. I thought she was just too...girly for someone close with vampires. I wanted someone that could stand with them in a fight and not hide from the action....*Enter Rose*.

St. Vladimir's Academy, a private high school for vampires and the half-bloods who are bound to protect them. The Moroi are vampires, and the descendants of Moroi royalty are the social popular clique of St. Vladimir's. The Moroi are at constant risk, though. The Strigoi, the fiercest vampires, are out to get them, any way they can. The Moroi are protected by Dhampirs, guardians who are daring enough to give up their lives to make sure that the Moroi bloodlines continue.

Rose is a Dhampir and Lissa is the last of the Dragomir line of Moroi royalty. Rose and Lissa share a special bond; one that nearly assures that Rose will be Lissa's guardian for life. Returning to school, is a totally different story and more difficult than either of them imagined. The social rules have changed during their eloping/ adventure and Rose and (Vasilisa) Lissa are both topic of the hottest gossip . Their sudden disappearance? *gasp* their time on the run, and their return are all being questioned. In some ways, you could say, the truth may harm them more than rumors ever could.

Surprisingly, I also liked every single character. It's kind of weird for me to like every character but in Vampire Academy I did. Rose is conceited, STUBBORN and arrogant at times, but I didn't mind ( I totally get her! thought of her as a twin!!) . Although she thought she was hot and boys were 'crazy' about her (not twin here) , she was very loyal, bold and FEISTY. Dimitri is (dayuumm). I love his character! Rose's crush on him grows into something much more and she knows he feels the same way, but there are many boundaries, as well as age, that keeps them apart.Lissa is innocent and sweet natured. She relies heavily on Rose too much (a bit of a drag) Lissa also has the ability to heal, and when she brought Rose back from the dead after a car accident they are bonded. This means that Rose can feel Lissa's emotions.

I will leave the rest up to you 10.3....I GUARANTEE!!! you will love it!!!! I'm NON-gallable but ate up everything this book and the other 6 had to offer!!!
its for anyone 13+ and Id rate it a 10!!! =D

2 comments:

  1. Great review! Very funny!! You have a real talent for blogging I think! I really hope some other members of the class will read this series too. (And you are soooo right about Bella!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ehe i lost you at 'Personally? I hate twilight .. ' ehe kidding, loved the review, agree with miss !! :) !! and im definitely gonna read it !

    ReplyDelete